If you believe that an elderly parent or developmentally disabled child is a victim of nursing home abuse in Orangeburg, Barnwell, or anywhere else in the South Carolina Lowcountry, contact the nursing home negligence lawyers at Lanier & Burroughs. We'll investigate the circumstances of your loved one's treatment at any residential care facility to see if you have a claim for any of the following:
- Illness, injuries, or severe discomfort caused by bedsores or pressure sores
- Fractures due to falls from bed or during unsupervised walks in the nursing home or elsewhere when supervision should have been provided
- Dehydration or malnutrition resulting from neglect
- Mistakes with medication or prescription drugs
- Assault or sexual abuse by a nursing home or assisted living home employee
- Infections caused by unsanitary conditions
Our elder law attorneys know how to investigate and present claims for negligence or nursing home abuse in Orangeburg and the surrounding counties. We'll inspect the complaint and safety compliance records of any nursing home or long term care facility to see if your loved one's home has a record of safety violations or serious complaints. We'll also examine the hiring, training, and personnel practices of the facility to see whether its employees are properly screened and supervised.
Elderly people, the developmentally disabled, and persons recovering from serious injuries or illnesses in convalescent homes deserve caring attention and treatment when they're unable to care for themselves. If you have reason to believe that your loved one is a victim or neglect or abuse, contact the South Carolina nursing home negligence attorneys at Lanier & Burroughs in Orangeburg.